Monday 2 March 2020

A Place I Dream of by Anne-Marie Nkhoma


This poem came about because when I was younger, I assumed the world was a utopia but because I grew I started to see more bad than good in the world, and the utopia I thought I lived in became a dream instead.

A place without trouble
A place without pain
A place without war
A place where everyone’s treated the same

A place without prejudice
A place where you can be you
A place without judgement
Where you can do anything you want to do

A place without worries
A place with only love
A place where you can be safe
A place where you can talk to anyone

A place with more justice
A place with less fear
I can’t tell you where this place is
But I know this place is not here

This place is without peace
This place suffers from violence
This place where most people aren’t treated fairly
This place where people’s needs are silenced

I hate that I have to call this place home
This place where people are afraid to voice their opinion
This place that struggles to do good all the time
This place where people are punished for their religion

I want a place with more justice
I want a place with less fear
I can’t tell you where this place is
But I know this place is not here


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please only leave respectful and informative comments. Thank you!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig